R/C Helicopter Kits and Parts >
Align T-rex >
T-rex Parts >
T-rex 600 >
T-rex 600 Nitro >
Convert an Old Nitro to Flybarless
TO CONVERT AN OLD 600 NITRO PRO OR NSP TO FLYBARLESS (NOT DFC) READ BELOW:
There is not a kit to do this if you want the latest and greatest parts. Even when there was a kit, it included the Align 3G unit. Not too many people are interested in paying
$250 more for a 3G! So the best way to convert your old nitro machine is to buy the parts listed below:
- H60231 - Head Block (new one with the integrated follower block.)
- H60204 - Blade Grips
- H60232 - Pitch Arms
- HN6119 or H6119QF - Follower Arms
- H55047 - You will use 4 of these plastic links.
- HN7065 - 700 Ball set. This includes the 5mm balls that go on the swashplate.
- HN6118 - Main Shaft for Flybarless
- H60233 - Rods - You will use two 56mm rods to go from the swashplate to the pitch arms. Center to center measurement is approximately 72mm
Be aware that you must replace two balls on the inner ring of your swashplate with 5mm balls from the HN7065 bag. You'll have plenty extras!
After installation set the swashplate at a height that makes the follower arms level. This is where
the servos should be neutral and the pitch should be zero. The rods from the aileron, pitch and elevator
bellcranks should be okay at approximately 58mm, and put the swashplate the correct height.
Thank you Richard!
If you convert to Flybarless, you will need a stronger regulator. Consider using a SwitchGlo and an LiFe pack plugged
directly into the receiver. Be sure your servos are good for 6V and you use a step down regulator to the rudder servo. The reason for this is because flybarless models use almost twice as much current and flybar models.