- Are you open to the public?
- Yes we are. We would appreciate it if you scheduled your visit for Tuesday through Friday in the afternoon. If that isn't convenient, come by any time during business hours and we will do our best to help you. In the morning we are scrambling to process the orders that came in overnight and might not be able to give you as much attention as you deserve, but we'll try.
- I didn't get an invoice. Where is it?
- We email your invoice at the time we ship your order. Normally it will come to you from email@example.com If you didn't get the email, check your spam folder or call us and we'll send it again. Be sure to keep the email address in your account up to date and please add @ronlund.com to your friends list.
- I live outside the U.S.A.. Is Express Mail really $100?
- Not usually. Here's how it works. If you've ever gone into a gas station and paid at the pump with a credit/debit card, by inserting your card in the pump, you authorize the gas station to charge your card up to, let's say $100. If you only put $35 in your tank, the station captures $35. When you get your statement, you see the charge for $35. There are times when it's more than $100. In that case, we will contact you via email. The general rule is about $40 for the first pound and about $10 per pound after that.
- This will be my first order. I created an account and logged in but I don't see my 10% discount.
- After we verify that it is your first order, we will deduct 10% from the total (less shipping and tax, if any). That is the amount we will actually charge your card. If you paid with paypal, we will refund the difference when we ship your order.
- Is shipping on all domestic orders over $100 free??
- No. If your box is oversize, we will contact you and let you know how much the shipping is. Shipping costs have gone crazy the last couple years. Remember, our "Free" shipping policy is more generous than most other online stores.
- Why do you recommend DSMX over DSM2?
- 1. DSMX receivers typically are able to operate at a lower voltage. Down to 3.0 volts in most cases. DSM2 stops working as high as 3.8 volts.
2. DSMX recovers from a lost signal in less than a second. DSM2 can take up to 4 seconds depending on how many other flyers are on the band..
3. DSMX uses a frequency hopping scheme that uses more of the band, much like Futaba. DSM2 doesn't.
- Should I use Loctite® (thread locking compound) on my engine bolts?
- Absolutely not. Engine bolts should be torqued evenly. Thread lock, while it's fine the first time, on subsequent rebuilds, the residue will interfere with the consistency of the torque. I spoke to Richard Varano, who does all the warranty repairs on YS engines in the U.S.A. and he confirmed this.
- Why did my Loctite® bottle come practically empty?
- Loctite® and other thread locking compounds are anaerobic. That means they dry in the absence of oxygen. Our 10ml bottles come with 10ml of Loctite® even though the bottle could hold much more.
While we are on the subject of Loctite®, always allow time for curing. Loctite® can take up to 48 hours or more to reach full strength. Check the data sheet for your Loctite® product.
- How long can I store my Lipo batteries if they're fully charged?
- Any more than a couple days and you're risking your batteries. It's best to charge right before flying, but the night before is okay and a couple days won't hurt. Beyond that is bad. Store your batteries in a cool place at about 3.8 volts.