Some tips that might help with the Futaba CIU-2 InterfaceSometimes Windows 7 doesn't recognize the CIU-2 or it might tell you that it isn't connected, even if it is.
- Make sure you have downloaded the CIU-2 drivers and unzipped the folder (put it somewhere that you can find it)
- Make sure you have unzipped the firmware update to your desktop
- Follow the update instructions
- If it doesn't work, right click on Computer and choose Device Manager If you see a Futaba Uart controller with an alert symbol next to it, right click on it, select properties. If it doesn't say This device is working properly click on the driver tab and choose Update Driver. Steer it to the folder that has the CIU-2 drivers.
- Under Universal Serial Bus Controllers, there is also a Futaba USB serial port that needs to be given the same treatment
Now follow the firmware update instructions to the letter. If both of those devices are working properly, the update should work. It takes a while, maybe 10 or 15 minutes to write the new code.